UKSIF’s recent policy successes include:
- • Mandatory climate risk disclosure being rolled out across the UK economy
- • Incorporation of the Paris Agreement and TCFD disclosure in the UK’s forthcoming pensions legislation
- • A recent commitment by the UK government to ‘green gilts’
- • A new UK Investment Bank to support a more resilient UK
- • Recognition of ESG and climate change as financially material issues for investors and particularly pension scheme trustees
- • A new registry for trustees’ Statement of Investment Principles to improve scrutiny of pension schemes’ investment policies on ESG
- • Developing the drafts that were adopted as the definition of stewardship in the UK’s new Stewardship Code
- • Ensuring our language on the need for the UK to ‘match the ambition’ of the EU’s Sustainable Finance Action Plan was adopted by government
- • Secured, with our Eurosif partners, increased flexibility in the EU Taxonomy
UKSIF continues to lobby government and regulators on priority topics including the EU and UK taxonomies, sustainability disclosure rules, net zero, green investment and a sustainable Covid recovery.
In April 2021, UKSIF marked its 30th anniversary through the publication of a new Policy Vision for UK leadership in sustainable finance. This publication, echoing the views of UKSIF’s membership, highlights the areas of change for government, regulators and the industry itself to drive forward a world-leading sustainable finance sector and achieve UKSIF’s bold mission.