INTRODUCTION TO UKSIF
UKSIF exists to bring together the UK’s sustainable finance and investment community and support our growing membership to expand, enhance and promote this key sector. Our work drives growth and new opportunities for our members as global leaders in the sustainable finance industry.
UKSIF represents a diverse range of financial services firms committed to advancing progress in sustainable finance. Our 290+ members, collectively managing over £10trn, include investment managers, pension funds, banks, financial advisers, research providers, NGOs, among others.
UKSIF and our members are hugely active in efforts to promote the sustainable finance agenda and work closely with policymakers and others to find new ways to overcome the barriers to the growth of sustainability and deliver progress towards decarbonisation of the economy.
With UKSIF’s new Chief Executive, the Board has agreed an ambitious strategy to grow the organisation’s visibility, impact and influence in order to progress UKSIF’s mission to drive a rapid transition to a sustainable finance system, achieve the objectives of the Paris Agreement and SDGs and advance leadership on sustainable finance.
With UKSIF’s track record of success, strong staff team, stable financial position and engaged membership, the stage is set for success during this time of rapid advancement in the sustainable finance agenda.
The Chair is a key individual within the organisation who fulfils a leadership role on the Board and works closely with the Chief Executive to ensure that the Board’s decisions are implemented and that the organisation’s strategic goals are met. UKSIF seeks a well-connected Chair, able to open new doors, advance the organisation’s effectiveness, and ensure UKSIF’s messages and policy positions are heard at the highest levels.
The priorities are:
- Chairing Board meetings and getting the best from our passionate and committed Board of industry professionals
- Acting as an ambassador for UKSIF to political leaders, financial services opinion formers and decision makers. (UKSIF’s target audience within this group includes senior executives within our members together with financial services regulators, policy makers, media and promotional bodies)
- Representing the views of the Board to the Chief Executive and, where needed, to members
- Ensuring impartiality and objectivity of decision making, so UKSIF serves the needs of all strands of sustainable and responsible finance
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Approving the agendas for and leading/facilitating discussions at Board meetings
- Providing guidance on strategy and key operational decisions
- Ensuring that decisions taken at Board meetings are implemented
- Acting as an external spokesperson in partnership with the Chief Executive
- Ensuring that good governance principles are adhered to (i.e. the balance of Board members; decision-making processes etc.)
- Arranging the regular evaluation of the performance of the Chief Executive, the Board as a whole and any Board subcommittees
- Regular dialogue with the Chief Executive
- Elected By: UKSIF Board
- Length of Term: Two years (maximum two consecutive terms)
- Time Commitment: Average of two days per month (approx.)
- Accountable to: UKSIF membership/Board
- Compensation: Voluntary appointment
UKSIF CHAIR PROFILE
The UKSIF Board seeks a Chair with the passion, commitment and drive to advance UKSIF’s ambitious mission and strategy, the profile and connections to elevate UKSIF’s standing, and the capacity to support the Board, Chief Executive and staff team in this work.
Beliefs and values
- A commitment to changing the UK finance system for the better and to delivering UKSIF’s mission
- A belief in the capacity and willingness of UK financial services to change
- A willingness to challenge the status-quo
- Integrity and professionalism
- Committed to diversity and inclusion
- Strong background in sustainability related organisations
- Public profile and experience in media work (need not be in sustainable finance)
- Influencing and consensus building, including taking initiative for change
- Board and committee experience
- Experience of membership bodies
- (desirable) Experience of small organisations
- Sensitive, diplomatic, tactful and persuasive with people of all levels
- Ability to network and influence across different sectors
- Ability to develop and influence policy and strategy
- Board and committee management and leadership
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and CV/biographical details to firstname.lastname@example.org.Read More