ShareAction – Senior Engagement Manager (Asset Owner Networks)
We are at a pivotal moment: the climate and biodiversity crises are deepening, and inequalities are even more marked in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic. The global investment system has an oversized impact on many of these global challenges We want to make sure that impact is positive. At ShareAction we work with investors, policymakers and individuals to unleash the positive potential of the investment system. We aim to build a world where our financial system serves our planet and its people.
The Asset Owner Initiatives team aims to raise responsible investment standards through its vibrant networks of charities, universities and pension schemes.
ShareAction’s work to build a world where the financial system serves our planet and its people will only be achieved if it is adopted and lived by others. Key amongst these are mission-driven investors, who have a unique role to play in shaping the responsible investment space.
The job-holder will be responsible for managing the two vibrant asset owner networks for which ShareAction provides the secretariat: the Charities Responsible Investment Network (CRIN) and Responsible Investment Network – Universities (RINU).
This role is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of our work with charitable and higher education asset owners. The postholder will have primary responsibility for managing and growing the two thriving communities of practice and positioning them as thought leaders in their respective sectors, as well as directly supporting our charity and university network members to take the next steps on their responsible investment strategies and put their ideas into action.
As well as overseeing the delivery of the network events, research, and advocacy activities, the postholder will also play a key role in helping to shape ShareAction’s wider emerging asset owner strategy.
What you’ll do
- Be the main relationship manager and point of contact for network members, supporting their growth and development in responsible investment.
- Lead on our prospecting and outreach activities, continuing to position the networks as go-to resources for responsible investment standards and support in their respective sectors, and onboard new members into the community.
- Identify opportunities for press and media coverage and act as spokesperson for responsible investment in the charity and higher education sectors, including representing ShareAction at events and in press or broadcast.
- Oversee the delivery of the networks’ annual Work Plan of events, research, and, advocacy activities with support from the network Research Manager, leading on delivery of individual strands where appropriate.
- Keep abreast of relevant developments in responsible investment as well as the charity and university sectors, identifying strategic opportunities to align network activities with developments in the wider sector.
- Work with the Head of Asset Owner Initiatives to develop a short to medium term strategy for the networks and contribute to the wider Asset Owner strategy.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with other ShareAction teams and external stakeholders to champion network activities and identify opportunities for collaborations.
- Lead on network communications and design, develop and chair vibrant all-member meetings and events.
- As a line manager, support direct reports in their professional and personal growth, including co-developing tailored learning and development plans.
What you’ll bring to the team
- You have good knowledge of responsible investment and current ESG trends and discussions
- You are able to initiate and maintain key strategic relationships and manage complex stakeholder relationships
- You have demonstratable project management skills
- You have experience of event or meeting management and facilitation (for example, workshops, roundtables, stakeholder engagement)
- You may have experience of managing networks or communities or practice
- You may have knowledge or experience of the financial management of charitable foundations/trusts and operational charities or higher education institutions
- You are passionate about environmental and social issues
What we will do for you
Working with ShareAction will offer you the opportunity to achieve significant personal impact in one of the most respected and exciting organisations in the responsible investment space. ShareAction seeks to offer all its employees an exceptional working experience with opportunities to develop existing and new skills, applying them in ways that help change the world for the better. You will be challenged but also supported very actively to succeed within a friendly, high performing and highly motivated team.
We commit to:
- Supporting you to be able to continue to grow your experience and put it into practice; giving you space to try new and innovative ideas and approaches;
- Offering you both formal and informal training and opportunities to develop your professional skill set through a tailored personal development plan (co-developed with your line manager);
- Providing a flexible working environment – including options to work from home and compressed hours;
- Providing opportunities to attend, and play a key role in, meetings with high profile stakeholders from across the charity, higher education, and investment sectors and grow your professional network.
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £40,000 – £44,530 per annum (dependent on experience) plus 8 per cent pension (non-contributory) and benefits including a healthcare scheme
Deadline for applications: Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis and the vacancy may close earlier than advertised if a suitable candidate is found. Please apply when you can. Candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application within two weeks of submission
Interviews: Two stage interview process, dates TBC
To Apply: please visit https://cezanneondemand.intervieweb.it/shareaction/jobs/crinu-senior-manager-27451/en/ to submit your application
ShareAction values and respects all differences in people (seen and unseen) and welcomes applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries. We are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities and so if you are not 100 percent sure that you meet all the requirements but believe you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and use the application questions to tell us about your experience and what you hope to bring to this role.
We have a London office and we actively encourage staff to work in ways that best suit their needs and our flexible working policy outlines many of the options available – such as part-time and term-time working, job sharing, home working and working compressed hours. Please talk to us at the interview about the flexibility you need. We can’t promise to give you exactly what you want, but we do promise not to judge you for asking.
ShareAction’s London office is in Aldgate East: as we emerge from the Covid-19 pandemic we will be exploring the best hybrid working culture for the organisation but expect to continue to offer remote working as far as possible, with office space available in London for those who wish to use it.