Women Work: How adding women equals advantage.14 December 2016
Thank you to our event partners MSCI and Barclays
9am – 1pm, Wednesday 14 December 2016
Kindly hosted by Barclays, 5 The North Colonnade, Canary Wharf, London, E14 4BB
We are delighted to invite you to join our event presenting the benefits of increasing female participation in business leadership and the economy as a whole.
MSCI’s 2015 Women on Boards report analysed over 4,200 listed companies and found that companies with strong female leadership (i.e. boards with three or more women) demonstrated 2.7% percentage points more in return on equity versus companies without women on their boards. On a global scale, gender equality could add $12 trillion to the world economy (McKinsey).
This event will look to MSCI’s 2016 Women on Boards report, launched next month, for progress over the last year in increasing gender diversity on corporate boards globally. We’ll then explore gender lens investing and the initiatives supporting companies to increase gender diversity and equality. We’ll also look at progress in UK financial services as well as public policy and key considerations for individuals – both men and women – wishing to advance gender equality.
- Jo Andrews, Co-founder and Director of Social Impact at Equileap
- Suzanne Biegel, Founder, Catalyst At Large
- Yasmine Chinwala, Partner, New Financial
- Naomi English, Executive Director, Head of ESG Products for EMEA and APAC, MSCI
- Ceri Goddard, Fellow, Young Foundation
- Junwei Hafner-Cai, CIIA, Senior Equity Analyst, RobecoSAM
- Megan Jarvie, Head of Policy and Public Affairs, Family and Childcare Trust
- Kathryn Nawrockyi, Gender Equality Director, Business in the Community
- Bev Shah, Founder and Managing Director, City Hive
- Rachel Short, Founder, Why Women Work and steering committee member, The 30% Club
- Sam Smethers, Chief Executive, Fawcett Society
- Rachel Whittaker, CFA, Senior Analyst, RobecoSAM
More speakers will be confirmed shortly. The morning will feature three sessions followed by lunch and networking.
There are limited places so please register your interest at UKSIF events and we will confirm available places ASAP.