Human Rights and Finance: Next steps for EU Policy22 February 2018
This event is organised by ShareAction
Hosted by Bas Eickhout, MEP
Join us in this event to discuss how the European Commission’s Sustainable Finance Action Plan should ensure a strong role for human rights in the future of European financial regulation.
- Margaret Wachenfeld, Managing Director, Themis Research and Advisory Council Corporate Human Rights Benchmark
- Sabina Timco Iacazzi, Lead, Social Issues and Human Rights, UNEP FI
- Angel Pes Guixa, Deputy Director, CaixaBank
- Filip Gregor, Head of Responsible Companies, Frank Bold
- Anne van Schaik, Accountable Finance Campaigner, Friends of the Earth Europe
- Isabel Ebert, Representative for Western Europe, Business and Human Rights Resource Centre
The event is free of charge but registration is required and places are limited. RSVP to Sunniva Gautvik.
February 22, 2018. 9h – 12h
Room: Altiero Spinelli A5E1
Legal duties of investors and company directors: what role for human rights due diligence?
Stakeholder dialogue on retail banking, trade unions and the UN Treaty on Business and Human Rights: making the links with the sustainable finance agenda.